Thread: Value of: Subban (Malcom) To Montreal!
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
If as fans from 2 differents teams we can agree on that deal, its wonderful. But before, you have to think about the paycut you will need to do to allow Boston to absorb Price cap hit.

I personally have a problem with the 6.500 000$ contract we gave Price.

Rask at 3 500 000$ is much more valuable for the 2012-2013 season. Beyond that its a gamble, but im willing to gamble the UFA age could be back to 28yo in the next CBA, so we could sign Rask to a more reasonable contract. Yes there is a Risk we could lose him as UFA, but Malcom Subban is in my view a worthy compensation.

As i dont expect Montreal to make the playoff next season, i dont mind having Thomas siting out one season. I could also try to trade him down the road.
You bring up a good point with cap hit. As situated now, the Bruins have Lucic, Seguin, Marchand, and Rask being RFA's with Horton and Ference being UFA's next year. That may be a reason as to why the Bruins have done nothing in free agency. We can both make points about the salary cap and how the deal would impact both teams but with the expiring CBA, we don't know what the numbers would be. Yes, Rask at $3.5 mill looks better than Price at $6.5 but with the cap potentially going up, that could be a good deal for Montreal, hell a great deal if Price pans out. As a Bruin fan would I do your trade, yes absolutely. However, I don't see Montreal making it.

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote