Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lars Eller re-signed for 2 years, $1.325M per
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 12:49 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Awesome contract, kind of validates what I've been saying about his role with the club. People should compare what Pleks got on his 2nd contract to what Eller got on his 2nd contract. Then you factor in inflation.

Eller is great but he is no Pleks. Pleks is a special player. When he had his I'm a girl 38 point season 3-4 years ago, he was probably the hardest working Hab that year. Eller is great and we need him, just because I value Pleks more than Eller, doesn't mean I don't like Eller.

But Eller is 2nd best at everything and he will in all likelihood continue to be 2nd best. He probably will never be better defensively than Pleks is and he'll probably never be more offensively gifted than Galenchyuk and probably not even DD.

But Eller is talented, I'm not saying he is a bust, all I am saying is, there will probably always be a better Hab than him at a role. But that's mostly because we've been lacking in the Centre position for 15 years and as a result have been cultivating centre's for the past 5+ years and he's a victim of circumstance mostly.

I've never seen a post full of such "self back patting" based on absolutely nothing, as that.

That's hilarious.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote