View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 01:18 AM
TwInS1095

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkid08 View Post
People expecting Brodin to make the team and play much better than Scandella did last season are going to be sorely disappointed. Defending at the NHL level takes quite a bit of development, but its important to note the small parts of the players game, and the things that will improve with time as these young guys fill out their bodies and adjust to their own limitations.

Brodin is a lot different player than Scandella though. Scandella is prized because of his ability to also be an offensive force. (somewhat) He's never been regarded as the type of shut-down defender that Brodin is expected to be. Nor is he the skater that Brodin is said to be. Nor was he said to be as positionally sound or have the hockey sense that Brodin has.

Brodin's offensive value comes more from making a good first pass out of the zone. I'm sure he's a decent passer, but I think Scandella is much better offensively. (at least at this point)

So yeah...Brodin might not put up huge, flashy point totals. However, if he makes the team...meaning he's proved he's ready...than I think those of us who watch Brodin day in and day out will see the value that he brings to the team.

TwInS1095 is offline   Reply With Quote