View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 01:49 AM
kman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Marshmont View Post
Miami can play without a point guard. Every team can play with 3 guards for stretches of time (the Heat especially). The Celtics have 2 shooting guards ahead of him on the depth chart (Terry plays the 2 a lot more than the point). There's undoubtedly more playing time to be had in Miami. And that doesn't even include the Rondo factor.

And I don't think most fans hate him now. Only the loud, obnoxious, oversensitive minority like yourself.
I will preface this by saying I would never pay to see a basketball game. What kind of reaction do you think Ray Allen gets when he returns to the Garden as a member of the Heat? The way it was presented, it sounds like Ray believes because he has played here (and at UCONN) that fans will cheer for him wherever he goes. That would be great, but if you believe that that will happen, we have very different views of the sports culture in Boston. People loved Johnny Damon, and he left for more money to go play for the Yankees. People could rationalize that by saying, they offered him a significantly higher salary and the Red Sox didn't act like they valued him. In spite of his rational decision, people booed him for years, even after he had left the Yankees. It was not until he was a member of the Tigers that he got an ovation at Fenway. Ray wanted to leave so badly, that he took half of the annual salary to play for the Heat. That's my take on it.

I personally don't mind him leaving. It hurts that they weren't able to sign and trade him elsewhere, but I think Terry is a better option. I'm hoping they are able to bring in a center or small forward with the bi-annual exception. I still think if healthy, they can get past the heat. They were without Chris Wilcox, Jeff Green, and Avery Bradley and they still went to game 7.