Thread: Confirmed with Link: Raphael Diaz Files for arbitration.
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
I'm not a huge fan of the way our defense is built. I like Gorges, and Subban. After that, it gets fuzzy. Diaz is a real wildcard in all of this.

Markov - The habs absolutely need him to be at his usual high level. Anything less will likely see this club out of the playoffs.

Emelin - A promising bruiser, with surprising vision, but also prone to silly mistakes. Habs need him to take another step.

After that, it gets even fuzzier.

Kaberle - a soft, one dimensional d-man. Often gets exposed if he has to protect the net area.

Diaz - An undersized d-man that shows flashes of mark streit light.

Bouillon - An aging, undersized d-man, but he's the only guy in the bottom pairing role that brings some edge, and physicality. That dimension might make him more valuable on Montreal than it would elsewhere.

Weber - Another slightly undersized d-man that often gets exposed in his own end, and doesn't produce enough to make up for it. He's at a crossroads, and I dont have alot of trust in him.

With all these questions on D, Diaz will have plenty of chances to prove his worth. He certainly has the tools to be a top 4 d-man. If he can earn that jump, it will likely be at the expense of Emelin, which then gives the bottom pairing an added dimension of ruggedness.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote