View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 07:01 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
I loved Prust, I still do... we all did. There aren't many Rangers fan who will tell you they're happy about losing the guy. He fills a need on the Habs for sure, and he will be a fan favorite as well, make no mistake about that.

He's courageous like no other and he's a great fighter for his size. He'll lose some, sure... but he wins more than he loses and the fact of the matter is that he will stick up for his team. A bunch of you like White for these reasons? He's the rich man's White. He's pretty good on the PK, and will enhance the 4th line on most teams. All that said, he's not a 3rd liner. He's a 4th liner who can step up and play on the 3rd if a team's lacking depth due to injury or in certain line-juggling energy-searching situations. You just can't really expect him to play more than 10-12 minutes a game and be more than he's ever been. You can't expect more than 10 goals.

I'm using the word "expect" because weird things happen and you can't predict everything, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely, and at this point the best and most logical assumption is that he's a 4th liner playing somewhere around 10-12 minutes who will get in the vicinity of 15 points. So, realistically... he's not worth 2.5M for his point production, but Montreal had to overpay a bit to get a guy the team needed and that's completely fine. I'm in the minority, but I'd have given him that to stay in NYC. That's how much I loved the dude =)
Could not stress this enough.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote