View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 07:08 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
does this mean Ray's wife's cooking show is not going to be on?

this has to be about Rondo and losing his starting spot- Allen suffers from OCD and to change routines when you don't have to means there is something significant.

Always one of my favorite players but he's the enemy now. Not even close to seeing Clemens in a Blue Jays or Yankees jersey but still will be odd next season.
Chris Mannix was on WEEI yesterday, and said that the Rondo stuff was overblown. A factor, but a minor one. The word was that if the Celtics had met Allen's initial contract demands, he would have signed immediately with the Celts, so how much of a factor could Rondo and the playing time have been??

Not a huge B-ball guy, but from watching this situation unfold, I think the 3 reasons why he left, (in order) were:

1) Feels MIA gives him the best shot at another championship.

2) Thinks he will have a more defined role/more playing time in MIA

3) Rondo Factor

#'s 1 and 2 may not be true, but I think that Allen believes they will be?

Also, FWIW, Mannix said (yesterday) he loves Ray Allen, but if he were to leave the C's it might not be the worst thing, and that it would allow them to go in some "interesting" directions with the $$$ he was going to get.

Don't follow basketball closely enough to know what he means, I assume he's talking about stylistically on the court?