View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 08:02 AM
The King of Town

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
The YouTube clip I posted is Murray going to Burke and pitching a trade idea. That's enough proof to suggest that Murray and his OHL amateur scouts like(d) the style of game Kadri plays on the ice.
That's a huge stretch. Murray never once says Kadri's name, just says "I'll flip you". For all we know he wanted Cowen all along. That's the point. Nobody but Murray and his staff knows. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Hell, maybe he wanted Scott Glennie and was trying to get in front of Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Yes, he hasn't progressed the way many had hoped or (foolishly) expected. But he is still 21 years old and will get a very good chance at cracking the Toronto Maple Leafs roster when the season begins.

But the idea of getting their hands on Nazem Kadri and developing him themselves must still interest the Senators. Especially now that Kadri has shifted to the wing and can play either position.

It's just a matter of price. Maybe not for Spezza but to deny the fact that if available, Kadri would tempt Ottawa, is ridiculous.
Here's another example: Burke was visibly upset last year when Murray traded up to get in front of him and drafted Matt Puempel. That is "fact" according to the standard you've established.

So we'll be nice to you and trade you Puempel for Kessel... It's a fair deal since obviously Burke was really interested in Puempel at the time.

You can thank me later.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote