View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
Riddle me this, if he is given better wingers & more ice time, then he would actually be the 2nd line or even 1st line center as one of Plekanec or Desharnias would have to sacrifice their ice time & wingers in order to do so!!!

It doesn`t matter how you shuffle the deck, this team still has the same players. The first line wingers are Patches & Cole, the second line wingers will be Gionta & probably Bourque!!!
I have to disagree with that. As Habs' fans should be aware, injuries do happen throughout a season, and so is the players performances. If Eller is ready to take the extra step, he will, like any young player, force the coach's hand to use him more and in key situations. That's how every single young player finds his niche in the NHL. Baring injuries, let's say that the Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty line goes cold, Therrien might try Eller instead of Desharnais. If he seizes his chances, he might force management's hands at some point. That's how in works.

As for having the same players, you seem to be (conveniently) forgetting that the team spent the season without Markov (huge for the PP in particular) and without it's captain, who had scored 57 goals the previous two seasons. There were other injuries as well but every team has those. You're also underestimating the fact that they were playing in a smothering system, which pushed the teams' best natural goals' scorer to be traded to Calgary in mid game.

All in all,with the new additions to the line-up, this team is better offensively than it was a year ago. I also encourage you to read the following article, which explains how the recent free agent acquisitions improve the Habs offense.

EDIT: Having said all of that, I would still like to see another Top 6 left winger added to the line-up.