View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLsnipers View Post
Really?!?! Like you said, the Stars lost very heavily in the Neal trade! Not even close. IMO

Goligoski is an above average defender that would be on most teams 2nd pairing. James Neal is now a 40 goal scorer. How many of those are there in the league?

This trade wasn't even close. Dallas goes to having the worst PP with Goligoski, while Neal puts up 40 goals. Yes, he's with Malkin, but still.

I like the optimism and homerism here but really? You have to call a spade a spade.

Maybe if Letang came over instead...
I think Goligoski is definitely below average defensively, and that's my biggest issue with him.

And as a mobile dman it's funny, he and Daley seem to have opposite skills. Put them together and you'd have the perfect PMD. Daley is great at transitioning, carrying the puck into the zone. Then nothing happens in terms of him getting points out of it. Goligoski isn't great at entry or carrying it into the zone on the PP to get things set up(weakness as a PP QB), but in the zone he's good and will get points and score 10-15 goals.

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote