Thread: Scott Parse...
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He actually really does have a high skill level, but just has been really injury prone. I would consider another 1 year contract if his injuries were really completely healed, but I don't know for sure, is he waiver exempt? If so, then definitely, if not then probably not. I can easily see him joining another team and becoming another Moulson/Purcell though. Lombardi wasn't lying about his talent level. When healthy, the kid can fly, has good vision, and excellent hands. His stats are fantastic with us and he could still be seen as a potential top 6 forward. He has been nearly .5 PPG while being a +19 for us when healthy playing in the NHL.
Yeah, he definitely has the skill level, just no room for him. He isn't going to bump anyone on the Kings roster, even if he was to switch to right wing. He would still be behind Williams, Carter, Lewis, and Nolan.
It's a shame, I could see him being a 20-20 player. He had 11-13 in 59 games when he was healthy, so 20-20 definitely isn't out of the question.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote