View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
One little interjection: the only reason LA is on that list is because they won the Cup. I doubt they were on anyone's list last year at this time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the coming season's victor is a dark horse, too. I know you are talking in relative terms to how the teams look on paper, but LA's run really did show that the Cinderella stories can happen.
I admit I watched about 60 regualr season Kings games this season. They had 2 huge personal moves that changed their season. 1. They hired Sutter 2. They acquired Carter. WHen they got Carter the top line started to play unreal. Also the teams at the top of the West were pretty weak IMO. Vancouver had the weakest division and were bitten by the injury bug. St. Louis was hurt by Halak's injury and after that the west was very tight. The diffrence was Quick. Plain and simple. Jonathan Quick was so amazing this season and his postseason he just took it to a new level. We have seen this type of performance from tenders in the past where they carry a team on their back a la Hasek in 99 or Roy in 93. In a season where no team really stood out from the pack a hot goalie can make all the diffrence.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote