View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 12:19 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
I don't think anyone here is claiming that he's a great goalie, or even a good goalie. I think pinning the loss in the 2010 Finals on him is unfair though, considering how poor the third defensive pairing was, and the fact that our best players failed to show up offensively.

We don't make the playoffs or the finals though without Leighton, so pinning it on him is unfair.
so let me ask you this and the other Leighton lovers around here. The Flyers scored 22 goals in 6 games and it wasnt enough. Leighton was yanked twice in the first 5 games of the Cup Final.
Who do you pin the blame on then? Timonen? the offense should of scored more then 3.5 goals a game? who? Leighton was ****ing brutal against Chicago. There is no disputing that.
anyone who thinks that the matchups in the first 3 series werent a factor are in serious denial.
i am looking forward to this season with Leighton in goal when every goal he allows will be someone elses fault. Like Bryzgalov last year who appearantly didnt allow a goal that wasnt his fault.