Thread: Speculation: Luongo XXI - Roberto Royale
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Barilkos Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
Agree about the brutality of Philadelphia fans, disagree about Lu being a marginal upgrade on Bryz and about Lu's contract being an albatross, and wondering if you went temporarily insane suggesting that Schenn is better than Ballard?
Lu's contract is a terrible albatross, I don't see how anyone can try and debate that. He's a fine keeper, but he comes with a cap hit of 5 million until he's 43 or so years old. That's an albatross. He's better than Bryz, but not that much better when you factor in that bloody contract.

As for Schenn and Ballard, I'm really not sure how exactly Ballard is better. He doesn't hit more, he doesn't block more, he barely racks up more points, and his GvA TkA ratio is just about as bad as Schenn's, last season anyhow. Personally, I think was ruining Schenn, and I think we're all going to see a very different player in Philly. Just my opinion, though.

EDIT - Fair disclousre, I did not realize that bryzgalov's contract was similarly brutal. That's a real toss up, to tell you the truth.