View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Uwey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Oh, so sorry, how about we trade a conditional 3rd for Ryan, maybe he'd make a good winger for Eller, he did play 4th line after all.

Seriously, Moen is your best bet on the 3rd line unless a miracle happens this year

So in your opinion, playing Moen with Eller is his best best opportunity to prove his potential this coming season with the Habs.

I guess it boils down to a catch-22 situation, many say he must prove himself to be given an opportunity, while others believe he must be given an opportunity to prove himself.

I fear Lars Eller will be a victim in Montreal of circumstance. Plekanec is a proven veteran who deserves ice time, DD is the hometown, francophone, feel good story that deserves ice time & Galchenyuk is the heir in waiting who will be given ice time.

Although his size & strength, an inch taller & 5 lbs heavier than the "big" centerman we just just drafted, & position he plays should dictate the priority placed upon his development with the team, yet he may be better served as a winger, not unlike Louis Leblanc, to play a top six role to continue his development.

The problem is, I'm not the only Habs fan who feels size down the middle on our top two lines needs to addressed, so why the Hell move him to the wing.

We as Habs fans are like a dog chasing it's tail, we say the team needs to improve & improve drastically, but then deny the fact that changes need to be made or for that fact, even that changes can be made from within.

I have yet another question. If everyone seems so intent on pretty much keeping the lines that JM created last season, why was everyone so happy to see him removed from behind the bench???