Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lars Eller re-signed for 2 years, $1.325M per
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He was, but most veterans didn't take part in that competition I think.

DD's skating has improved, like most smaller players he has balance and good at changing directions quickly, but he doesn't have the explosiveness most very small players who make it have, like Gionta and St. Louis.

From what I can tell I don't see the same breakaway speed that Plekanec, Gomez, Eller have, but Desharnais has agility.
A very good analysis of DDs skating.

When I think of fast on the Canadiens, I think of Cole. He's a runaway freight train after just a few strides. DD doesn't have that gear. No matter. Few do.

DD is under control at all speeds. That's one of his greatest assets. He can make his great plays at top speed and standing still.

DD has the ability to change his skating speed and alter the entire flow of play on the ice. He's not even close to Gretzkyesque in this ability, but he has it to a degree which few players have.

He's also sneaky fast in spurts. Combined with his size, it gives him the ability to make room in tight quarters where others cant.

When he played in the ECHL in Cincinnati, I thought that the only possible part of his game which could keep him from having success in the NHL was his lack of a top gear in skating speed. I had failed to keep in mind that Greg Stewart had made it to the NHL

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote