View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think the bottom 6 will be fun to watch because it is filled with energy and enthusiasm. However, does it make the habs a better team? Who is going to score goals in this bottom 6? Eller won't have kostitsyn anymore (barring he signs with mtl again), moen can get you 10, maybe. I know Prust got 13 a few years ago, but you're dreaming if you think Prust can come close to matching that again. Armstrong has shown a scoring touch in the past, but his time in Toronto shows diminishing returns and a high risk for long term injury.

I like Prust, but I dont think our bottom 6 has a very good mixture... the type of mixture you need to be successful.
I think the improvements on the bottom 6 will make this team a little easier to watch, as at least now they have a hard working, gritty, physical players so at least they will be tougher to play against.

If you are rebuilding and are going to struggle to make the playoffs, I'd rather sit tight and not throw money at hired guns only to take on more overbloated contracts. In 2 years the Habs will have Gomez, Kabs, Gio and Markov off the books which is currently 4 of our 6 biggest contracts/cap space. I'd rather see us build through the draft, and add hard working character players in the meantime to set a good example for the incoming rookies/prospects over the next few years.

I think management is sending a message, when they have a bottom 6 that could be made up of Moen, White, Prust, Armstrong, it's clear the Habs want to add hard working character guys. If they are going to miss the playoffs again, better to have guys like them then soft lazy players like Semin, etc.... that just tie up cap space down the road and aren't players you want to build your team around.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote