View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Der Jaeger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I agree.

Looking back it looks like it was too much too soon for him at the start of the year. Due to injuries to Roy/Hecht he started the year on the top line. He was playing great but we knew he was in over his head. We just didn't know how far he would come down. No one envisioned him as our #1 center coming into camp and he wouldn't have been but for the injuries. I was thinking/hoping he had a shot coming into camp at 3rd line center. Maybe centering the Ennis/Boyes line that Leino centered to start the year. The expectations on the kid would have been a lot lower as would the pressure. Who knows how things would have turned out for him if that was the case.

The organization needs to finally decide where the see him playing (Wing/center). If its wing I think he has a chance to develop into a poor man's Vanek. He certainly has the hands. While he may not be physical in terms of hitting and the like. He does have a willingness to play in traffic and go to the net.

EDIT: Basically they need to decide if they want to keep trying to develop him as a center going forward.
Maybe Adam becomes a poor-mans version of Holmstrom, and takes Vanek's place if he leaves in two years?

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote