View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 10:25 PM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Seems all is going as expected so far through a couple meetings--apparently just understanding where each other stand. I would expect that next week they get down to some issues.

Re the Globe and Mail article: It makes sense that the owners stance, or Bettman's leaked "wish list," is for the players share of HRR to be under 50%. As I've stated before, based on rough calculations, every 1% reduction equates to roughly $33M in league wide revenues shifting from players to owners. While this is key issue, based on Bettman's negotiating history I would expect them to agree to a middle ground closer to the original 54% number that was agreed on in the previous CBA. From that the owners can gain leverage on other issues they want to deal away with: Contract length, contract payment scales, arbitration.

The issue of the floor vs ceiling will be interesting, IMO. Could see some infighting among the owners as they weigh affordability vs parity.

These are just my thoughts, and I will come with a lot of them as this goes along. I joined HF in 2005 specifically to discuss the lockout.

I would guess Brooks will have some information in tomorrow's Slap Shots.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote