Old
07-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Nice. Man, this kid is really impressive. His shot is great. Even his backhand, he doesn't seem to have any trouble elevating. I'm also pleasantly surprised by how strong he is at using his size along the wall and to shield the puck (Gernat tried to hit him and just bounced off like a bumper car in that one WJC clip), and how good he is on the forecheck.
Yea, obviously he still needs to get stronger but I have pretty good confidence that he'll fill out well and be able to use his size to his advantage offensively, which as you say he already shows signs of doing. He's still a bit raw in his awareness from what I've seen so far, which is in line with being a bit of a late bloomer.

So long as he has a reasonable commitment to win puck battles and compete on defense, all the optimism I hold for him should not be in vain. The guy's a natural with his shot and shooting instincts. The thought of Grigorenko centering him for a decade makes me giddy. If I'm in charge, those two are as untouchable as Myers. Roll the dice on them being the future, because the payoff could be huge.