Thread: Our Jerseys
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Tony Wiseau

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Honestly I think the bottom line is that North Stars sweaters would sell like hotcakes. The nostalgia surrounding the old team is a humongous big marketing hypetrain just waiting to happen, and if they get a WC I think they're going to want to take that opportunity to cash in.

I don't think so. The Wild have spent the last 15 years trying to create their own identity. They FINALLY have a franchise landmark day with Suter and Parise coming in, and now, with this momentum, they're gonna promote a franchise in Dallas with on their biggest showcase? No way, Jose. First of all, they already sell NS gear, and make plenty of money from that. Second, the Winter Classic jerseys will make a boatful of money, even if the logo is DR taking a dump on the state of Minnesota. Every WC jersey has made money, especially since they tend to become alternates. Throw in the fact that, again, the Winter Classic will be the biggest showcase this franchise will ever have had, and there's no way they won't put out the likeness of THEIR franchise during it.

I know I'm ranting, but I'm tired of the Wild being second best to a team that doesn't exist anymore.

Tony Wiseau is offline   Reply With Quote