View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I think it's obvious that we will not win w/ goal tending...that's for sure. however, we don't need brilliance...we need someone solid, aware, and who won't let in weak goals. i would love to see price ready...but i'm not as negative about luongo as others and fleury can't be ignored. let's not freak about goaltending. it is what it is.

what we can take confidence in is the fact we have huge offense...i have to say that imo we will have the best collection of forwards there...ainec. we will have to be very careful about the lines we put out - and make sure that on each line there is someone who is very good at skating. also, it will be important that the forwards we have are able to work together - it will be of no assistance to us if our lines are clogged with a bunch of uber elite puck hogs...or forwards who can only play with the expectation that their linemates will focus on nothing else but passing to them. leaving aside the goalie situation, i think a failure to establish chemistry amongst our forwards could be just as devastating.

we also have very solid defence...one that can certainly stand up against any other country. but again, everyone needs to be on their best behaviour...even if we get a bunch of D-Men who are top pairing on their own team...they can't all be top pairing on team canada.

it will not be easy for us...but Van was not easy for us, either...and even though it lasted until OT we still did it.

there is nothing about Sochi that should make us feel arrogant...in fact, it's quite the opposite - we will be in it tough...but there's also no team that is unbeatable for us and i think that we have to be one of the favourites for sure.

...of course we will hear endlessly about why we can't win...but if we *do* win it will be the 3rd time in 4 olympic games and no one should forget that!

I've been saying for a while now, Canad, USA-Sweden and Russia all have to be considered real bets to win gold. 1 of those teams will be without a medal when it's all said and done.