Realistically what do you expect this season from the Wild?
View Single Post
07-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Join Date: Sep 2011
If I may as a Sharks fan, I'd like to post my thoughts.
- No fireworks right away from Parise/Suter, but they'll get better as they develop chemistry with the team
- Will make the playoffs, although (as of now) a lack of depth at D will prevent it from being a long run
- Seto will have a better year than last, but won't come near his career high of 31 goals. I believe he will really benefit by having Mitchy with him to bring a huge part of his San Jose life back to him
- Heatley will continue to trend downwards in point totals
- The real question mark of this team will be goaltending. Should be interesting to see how that plays out and if Hackett/Harding can push Backstrom out. If that happens, I think that opens a big door for you guys next off-season to acquire more talent
All in all, I hope both the Wild and Sharks have great seasons. When we made the big trades with Havlat/Heatley Seto/Burns, the hope was that you guys would make the playoffs and we at the very least would make it to the finals. I think with both teams failing to do that, we both have something to prove to the rest of the league.
View Public Profile
Iron Chef's albums
Find More Posts by Iron Chef