Old
07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Sami Salo has played an average of 64 games per season (rounded up) in his career. He has never played a full season. He has only broken 70 games twice, the nearest being almost a decade ago. That is an injury prone player, probably one of the more injury prone players that has played as long as he has. With the injury issues this team has had as of late, I don't think signing an aging veteran who during his career has shown he is good for 3/4 of a season. If you are willing to take that risk, great. But me not wanting him because he is injury prone is not some outlandish claim. Just out of curiosity, at what point would a player be too injury prone for you? In other words, if 64 games a year is an acceptable risk, what would be unacceptable?
If you operate like any other team does, you should be able to plug in 8-9 defensemen to play at an NHL level every year. 64 games is nearly 80% of the season and if you take out 2010 it still is over 80% of the season, which the difference is generally what you should expect from non-regulars.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote