View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 01:40 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The Rangers will be the leaders in the clubhouse if Doan decides to leave Phoenix. Remember -- he does not want to leave and is giving the perspective ownership every chance to work things out before he leaves. Doan and Sather are close and it's very unlikely he will play for a Coyotes rival. Given the market, it probably won't hurt him to wait another couple of weeks. Right now, he is the market. You add a guy like Doan whenever you can.

Do you want him? My God, yes. His scoring might be down a bit over the last few years but he was never a big scorer. He is a warrior and that part of his game has only gotten better. Remember he has been playing with linemates like Daymond Lankgkow and Lee Stempniak the past few years. His value is going hard into the corners, hitting people hard and at playoff time, he turns it up three notches. He can bomb it from the right point on the power play. And even if his scoring tails off, he will still be a substantial player. He's got a lot of Mark Messier in him, starting with body type.

I don't want to see Shane go to the Rangers because I want the Coyotes to stay here and I want him to finish his career here but if he is available, you have got to sign him.
Wise words