View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Personally, I don't have a problem with that. To me that price is worth the better odds of winning a couple of championships. Especially when we are talking about a guy who is only 27. We get a lot of prime years out of the deal and get a guy who comes in at a higher level for his respective position than either Nash, Parise, Suter, Jordan Staal or even Gaborik/Richards.

Plus,when looking at salary concerns, we have to factor in that Gaborik comes off the book in a few years and we have to consider Marc Staal. If he resigns, he is going to cost a primo contract, or he is going elsewhere and we get nothing, or at least someone far inferior to Weber.

So in the end, salary doesn't keep me up nights.
Fine points.

I just think it severely limits the team's ability to upgrade their top 6 forward depth in the next 2 years. And, when I watch this team, thats where I think the most serious and pressing issues are. I dont disagree that Weber can come in and transform the defense - but I feel the defense is strong as it is, and that forward depth was and still is a major problem.

What would be your suggestions for upgrading the offense if youre adding Weber at such a hefty price?