View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Whats a realistic package for Weber? Staal, Miller, #1 pick? And thats before the 15 years/120M or so that he will command.

This team has managed to build a top 4 on defense that is greater than the sum of its parts. I really enjoyed that this season. Im not enamored with the idea of breaking the bank for a guy thats going to have to be every bit "the man" back there to be accepted by this fanbase. It just seems to set up for disaster, but thats admittedly me being a bit paranoid.
Realistic- Staal, a top prospect, a secondary prospect or young player and a top pick.

As for the top four, it also has proven to be pretty versatile. No one thought we could survive without Staal and we did.

And I like Weber's odds of being the man more than I like Nash's or Semin's, to be honest.

I like what we have here. But I also know that it's really easy to fall in love with homegrown players and not want to make any moves. Because fans on these boards remember the dry years, I think it's created a paranoia about making any moves and that's just as dangerous as making too many.