View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 03:45 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk View Post
Detroit is a possibility. Didn't Parse actually sign a tryout agreement with their minor league system a few years ago?

I was never a big fan of Parse. Has some skill but not enough to be a top 6er in my opinion. If he moved to another club and transformed his game, I could see him molding into a Dan Cleary, but not much else
Yes. He signed a PTO with with Grand Rapids afterr his last year of college instead of with Manchester. The story at the time was that he wanted to stay closer to home if he was going to play a handful of AHL games. It led to specualtion that he wanted to play in Detroit but obviously nothing ever came of it.

Regarding his injuries, I was under the impression that he had labrum tears in both hips and that once one side was repaired the other hip developed the saem problem. That to me doesn't scream injury prone but more along the lines of him favoring his good hip, possibly bad posture. Plus labrum tears take forever to recover fully from and get back to 100% which makes me question whether he was ever fully healthy in his time up with the Kings. So I don't really see the concerns about him being unable to stay healthy. He has two repaired hips and the issue should be behind him. Gaborik had similiar issues with his hip and groin early in his career and he's managed to stay fairly healthy since it was cleared up.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote