Thread: Proposal: Nino for Magnus
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Grabner has scored 54 goals over the last 2 seasons.If Grabner has taken a step back in his sophmore season, scoring only 20 goals in the nhl,then I guess Paajarvi has taken 3 steps back being unable to stick in the nhl this season and scoring 2 goals in the nhl.

22 yr old Bailey is a solid defensive player and good pk player.
Not much interest in exchanging him for 21 yr old Paajarvi.

Isles also have lwers Ullstrom, expected to make the move up from the AHL to the isles and Kabanov,expected to make the move from juniors to the AHL.
34 to 20 = a 41% dip in goal scoring. That is sizable, my point isn't that he sucks or anything, just that he may/may not prove to be a 30 goal scorer again going forward. And yes Paajarvi did take significant steps back, however I can say that he took gigantic steps forward in the AHL playoffs. So while his year started poorly it ended pretty damn well and he improved on a lot of areas that helped him to slump so damn bad.

As for Bailey, I'll agree to disagree. Whether or not your team could use a player like Paajarvi is one thing, but people calling him crap in this thread just to prop up Nino have no need to do so, both struggled but both could and should go on to have solid NHL careers.