Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: San Jose re-signs T.J. Galiardi (1 year, $950k)
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 04:50 PM
NorCalJen
Oh baby! Oh mama!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
I know its just a word, but when Galiardi broke the news of his own re-signing on Twitter, he added #Redemption at the end. That sounds like a guy who knows he can do a lot better and has something to prove. Now that he knows that the Sharks gave up a lot in the end for just him, I think its something that can be really motivating for some players.

Hopefully he has a good off-season and adds some bulk to him. The way the guy throws around his body, he needs some extra beef to prevent injury.
That's one way to look at it. I also thought (hoped) that for about a minute, but the fact that he took the Sharks to arbitration after not doing a whole hell of a lot for them makes me think otherwise.

IMO he probably meant that the Sharks as a team are looking for some redemption from last year's early playoff exit.

I'm a McGinn apologist; I wasn't that impressed with Galiardi or Winnick. But I do feel that our crappy system was at least somewhat to blame for their struggles.

NorCalJen is offline   Reply With Quote