Thread: Proposal: Mtl - Chi - LA
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd rather keep Gomez than Bourque, if that helps to give you a sense where I value Bourque.

I don't see any reason whatsoever to keep him in case "he gets his act together". Even if he does, guys like Bourque aren't worth that much and you can always get a player like him as a UFA or by trade.
Bourque played out the lost season in a manner that would ensure he wouldn't get hurt. The Habs were going nowhere when he joined us last season. He is a big winger who has scored 27 goals twice in his career. Let's see how he does with a full season and a chance to actually compete for something worthwhile. With Gionta and Markov back, I don't see Bourque floating like he did last year.

Keeping Gomez over Bourque is one of the dumbest statements I have ever seen a Habs fan write. Gomez is far more useless and expensive in 2 years than Bourque will be for 3 years. It would be less costly to our cap hit to dump Bourque in the minors than it would Gomez. So, how is Gomez better value than Bourque?? Come on, think before you post something like that...

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote