Thread: Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 07:33 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Yeah Prust is not gonna destroy Bostonians, if he drops with Lucic, Thornton or McQuaid he's in for a long night. What's good about him is that he'll do it. It's just great to have toughness on this team.
It's great that we added a fighter in Prust but I'm more interested in team toughness and I thought that after Cunney got promoted and around the latter half of the season we actually started to push teams around a bit. See games against: Vancouver, Edmonton, Detroit, Toronto and even Boston I think in our last bout against them, we were the most physical team and sometimes by far. I might be the only one that has been noticing that though... but I know I'm not (that) crazy as to hallucinate grit in an otherwise soft team because of our terrible season .

And as for the question posed a couple of posts above as to how many games did we lose because we got pushed around: too many. But like I said that tendency has slowly faded as the season progressed (and we got progressively worst) but some things did change at the core of the team and for the good too, I think that was one of those changes.

If it makes any sense, I'll resume it like this:

Before: Lose because of lack of grit, win because of skill.
After: Lose because lack of skill, manage to win some because of superior grit.

Of course it helps to have Blunden, White, Staubitz all playing big minutes because we were icing an AHL roster.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 07-08-2012 at 07:40 PM.
poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote