Old
07-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
no hes not. Radulov is much closer to Zherdev then Semin is.

boggles my mind how some cant let the typical russian stereotype go
What are you talking about? What stereotypes? I've watched the Caps for years, they're my second team. I've watched Semin for years. I thought the Caps should have traded the bum ages ago while his value is high to fill out deficient areas of their roster. He has an incredible amount of talent, and goes through long stretches where he flat out doesn't use it; it's abundantly clear during those no-effort stretches that he isn't snake bitten, he simply isn't putting in the same amount of effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Semin isn't Zherdev. He is a much better, more successful, well-rounded player.
He's like Zherdev because he's a great talent but due to maturity/focus/mental/diva issues, that talent gets squandered. On top of that there is little indication he is a team player and is reclusive...like Zherdev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Not even close.

Semin has three season of 70+ points. Zherdev has none. Semin has three 30+ goal seasons. Zherdev has none. Semin is a good back checker and uses his stick effectively. Zherdev was a defensive train wreck. Semin has never scored less than 20 goals in a season.

There are two things that Zherdev and Semin have in common: Russian and inconsistent.

To be honest, I dont think Semin would be a great fit for the Flyers, but comparing him to Radulov is completely unfair and simply untrue. Radulov is much like Zherdev-- not Semin.
See the above responses.