View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Ok I just posted this in another thread but it's relevant here to..

The last 41 regular season games Stastny scored 33 points, that's a .805 PPG% (66 pts over 82 games).

In the Worlds? 9 points in 8 games played..

The trend? Better wingers..

In all honesty I don't think he will be traded (if at all) until the deadline next season because he is showing signs of resurgence. At that point we will also know more about how ready Duchene & O'Reilly are as well as potentially having had Stastny's value rise back up.

So yeah.. Avs fans may be asking for overpayment at this point but we have a reason to ask for overpayment and absolutely NO REASON to take anything less. Especially at this point..

So unless a team offers quality not quantity it's not happening and your not getting a favorable response from a single Avs fan unless that happens.

Edit : I also don't know how many times I need to mention this.. Beyond what you think Stastny's value is, it's a sellers market when it comes to top 6 centers. Who else is even remotely available? Getzlaf? Yeah right.. And everyone else has already been moved or signed..
Not trying to rile you up, honest question. You point out Statsny plays better when he has quality wingers which I believe to be true. What is Avs management like? Will they keep all 3 centers until they can determine who to keep for the future/keep all 3 resulting in so so wingers for everyone, or is there a chance that since Statsny plays much better with quality wingers that they will move either ROR or Duchene now for better winger help now?

Actually asking this, not trying to get Duchene or ROR since if you want wingers Toronto can help, but can't provide the quality you truly want, I was more thinking something like ROR or Duchene for Bobby Ryan type of trade.

Edit: Reading through what I wrote I find it a little confusing, I hope you understand what I'm asking haha.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote