View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 09:25 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
You will get Staal in a deal, but Stepan/Krieder is pretty much out of the question. Stepan is a reach only if Nashville is willing to send back a 2nd line center in return.

A deal would probably look something like this:

Staal, Haglein(right now a 3rd liner but Extremely likely 2nd line ceiling)/ 1 or 2 prospects/ 1 or 2 picks. That is about as good as your going to get from the Rangers and that aint too shabby.

The situation is whether or not you want a top 6 forward or a top 2 Dman more. If you want the forwards, then your probably doing business with the Flyers. If you want a Dman more, your better doing biz with the Rangers.

Vancouver will probably try to swap Edler with you guys to see if he will sign a long term extension with Nashville. But who knows how that will turn out. Staal is signed up for three more years.
you're correct and I suspect with our defensive prospects looking to blossom in the next couple of years, I think we go looking for the elite forward and take a serviceable d-man rather than the other way around.

if Philly will part with Couturier, I don't think there will be anyone else in the running...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote