View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
I was wondering about that a little. I know money can cap hit wasn't the issue in Pitts, but it is still in the back of my mind. But thinking about it now you probably won't run into the cap hit problem since you don't have Malkin + Crosby, you would be able to get some good wingers. I get the feeling though that if you want 6 quality wingers for the 3 centers, you will have to continue to develop great talent like Landeskog. Good luck, Colorado dynasty may be coming back
Pretty much. I think ~16 mil combined will be enough to keep the 3 together long term if everyone plays up to par. Unlike the 17.5 which just Crosby/Malkin make. So unless one wants more playing time or to be "the guy" somewhere, I don't think we'll look to change our depth. Of course, Hishon or someone could prove to be an effective scoring center and force our hand one day.

We've been getting good value out of reclamation projects and complimentary wingers for awhile now. So long as we can develop chemistry on each line, I think we'll be fine without a clearcut #1 winger outside of Landeskog (assuming he develops into that role like he appears to be capable).

The real key is to either develop or acquire a 2nd top pairing defender. That's where the bulk of Avs fans would hesitate, but accept a trade involving one of our three centers, mostly Stastny, somewhat Duchene, but we'd go down fighting if someone tried to move O'Reilly.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote