Thread: Mike Knuble??
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Imo he was much better in the playoffs then the regular season and while he did struggle mightily during the regular season he saw his ice time drop and was reduced to a 4th line role. Scott hartnell can attest to what that does to a players confidence and subsequently his offensive game. He may not be needed and he may be "done" but on a one yr contract for around 2 mil I would take a chance on him on the off chance he can turn it around.

I will admit that his speed is a problem but I don't think the flyers would be adding anyone else this offseason with his level of experience. He did score 24 goals the year before last and in the flyers system I could see him scoring 20 again while playing solid defense. He would propapbly be taking wellwoods spot and if he real is done then it's not like Wellwood is going anywhere.

Again I'm only suggesting him as a stopgap on a cheap 1 year contract IF the flyers don't sign someone like Doan.
There was only one player in the entire league that scored 20+ goals as a 40 year old last year. The odds are Knuble won't be scoring 20 at 40.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote