Thread: Proposal: Det/bos & det/nyr
View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Lord Ahriman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
It was me who brought it up. I wasn't confused, I just don't think there's any way in hell Hamilton plays in the top4 this year. Chara, Seidenberg, Ference and Boychuk are the top4. That leaves two RH shots in the bottom pair. McQuaid has never played his off-side, and your hardly going to break in a rookie there.

All of which makes me open to moving Quaider and replacing him with a LH'er. If that guy could bump Ference down to play with Hamilton, all the better.
That's why I wanted Allen on this team. I know he isn't a pmd, but he would be a solid addition. Another name comes to my mind is Hjalmarsson, not a pmd too, but a good option to play on the second pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
i was simply replying to Dr. Quincey saying we had 4 RHD and 2 LHD. i was just pointing out that wasn't the case.

as for your other point, i can agree with that. however i am a big McQuaid fan and for what he gets paid your not gonna hear me say i want to trade him. i can understand your concern though and think it is a good point.

you may disagree but i think McQuaid could be a #4 defensemen. he is still young and defensemen take longer to reach their full potential. i think he is more than capable of playing in that role.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-McQuaid
Ference-Hamilton

maybe try it out and see how it goes? also maybe Hamilton takes the bull by the horns and hits the ground running? either way i expect these six guys, in some sort of combination, will be our starting defense. as the season goes on we may see some moves, but i hope not because i love these six defensemen
McQuaid isn't a top 4.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote