Thread: Speculation: Yannick Weber to Detroit?
View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Winther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
A good deal for both sides? Weber may or may not be good enough but at the very least, he is the type of player that the Wings could really use. Frankly, I don't see what Mursak brings to the Habs. A small right-winger. Just what the Habs don't need more of at the moment.

Added to that, Mursak has not enjoyed even a glimmer of success at the NHL level. Even in the AHL, Mursak would be redundant, at best. Is he an upgrade over Gallagher? I doubt it. Palushaj? Leblanc? Even Patrick Holland outstrips him in the depth chart.

A player on the Wings that would interest me is Tomas Jurco. I think that a fair deal would have Weber going back the other way along with Danny Kristo. Kristo, now 22, played for the US in the WJC two years in a row. Last year he had 45 points in 42 games at UND.
Keep dreaming. One teams very good prospect for another teams not-so-good spareparts (i get that Kristo and Weber aren't that bad, but the wings certainly need quality, not quantity right now. They have plenty of guys in the Kristo mold right now)? Don't think so. The first thing the wings need to do is getting rid of some guys on theyre roster, namely guys like Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Emmerton. Guys that are in the same kind of situation on the wings as Weber is in Montreal.

Winther is offline   Reply With Quote