View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I remember the NYR's picking Kreider and thinking that Sather really likes gambling on High School Stars that has no competition.He got lucky with that pick,speedster with size that was scoring on HS goalies.Louis Leblanc on the other hand,played on a line with Taylor Hall and Matt Duchene at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament during the summer and impressed the scouts as he had played better than both linemates.Leblanc was deemed the BPA at Montreal's turn to pick.One needs to remember that Louis has had many minor injuries and played for numerous teams with different linemates and always came out on top.I will never underestimate Leblanc's drive to succeed and team first mentality.
There was alot of support on this board for Kreider leading up to the draft. I wouldn't say Sather got lucky as Kreider went in the middle of the first round which is where most people had him being picked. It was a toss up for myself between Leblanc and Kreider and was just happy that we took one of them. If hindsight was 20/20 I would go with Kreider but I believe that Leblanc will be a valuable asset if he can stay healthy.