View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
I actually feel a little frazzled this morning over the lack of a big (and appropriate/beneficial/etc.) move. I've felt impatient for days, but if you follow golf I'm starting to pull a Kevin Na in DW's direction: "Pull the trigger!!" I think getting Semin, Doan or Luongo could all be good moves. We could also get a solid third line LW + if we were to trade Niemi (say Bergenheim from FLA?) I just have a serious appetite for action. I don't want a move just for the sake of a move, but I don't think anyone disagrees that something needs to happen.
I agree that we need some changes in the top-6. And I am annoyed with the lack of a big-splash from the Sharks so far.

- I actually think Semin would be a good addition to the top-6. All up for that providing the contract is reasonable.

- I am still not 100% sold on what Doan would bring to our top-6. He is past his prime and we have enough leadership of our own in the team. He would be an upgrade over the likes of a Clowe if he can play LW on the 2nd line. But I still do not think that is the step in the right direction for our future.

- Luongo's contract is evil. Do not want.

- If we trade Niemi who would start in goal? I like Greiss but he has never started more than 19 games in a season. On the flip-side though, I would be ok splitting time with Greiss and Stalock/Sateri to give them a chance. Would I be confident with Greiss/Stalock/Sateri? Hell, no! But I would be excited to see them play.

I am just hoping that DW is working on a big trade in the background. And not Nash. I want him but not for the price Howsen is asking. Couture is out of the question. Pavs .. maybe for a straight swap .. but I am not adding. I am hoping that DW pulls a big trade out of nowhere and lands us a good winger for something around Clowe/Murray.