View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Bored, and kicking around ideas - is DP making a mistake by not brining back Andrei Kostitsyn?

Looking at the available forward FAs - he's probably 3rd best behind Doan (likely not going to leave Phx or the West Coast), and Semin (will be expensive, dubious "predator" qualities (like defense/effort), might not even want to come here).

He scored 12pts in 19 games in Nashville, while learning new teammates and a new system. He added another 4pts in 8 games in the playoffs, with 3 goals. Would it be a stretch to say he probably be good for 20G and 50pts with a full year here.

He was also +7 in the regular season, and +3 in the playoffs - I know all the arguments against +/-, but I still like it. I think he could probably be considered at least adequate defensively.

He's probably come cheap (cheaper than Doan/Semin). He'd probably be receptive to playing in Nashville with his bro.

I've no faith in the ability or willingness to deal for a guy like Ryan (I think some desperate eastern conference team will pony up more and I don't think the Ducks want him in the West) or Nash (won't waive NTC to come here).

What else is out there? Who is more likely to score more goals in the NHL next year - Kostitsyn, or someone like Andrew Brunette? Hagman, Mueller, etc, etc, etc.

What's more likely to convince Shea Weber to stick around (other than a dumptruck full of cash) - signing a guy like Kostitsyn, or bringing up some little known rookie and keeping your fingers crossed?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote