View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 12:46 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
I don't know what's so surprising about Yeo wanting to try Spurgeon there. He thinks very highly of the kid and we've known that for some time. Here's a quote from earlier in the year after that McLeod hit:

Quote:
"I have to be careful because I'm a first-year coach, but I'm surprised and disappointed [McLeod wasn't suspended]," coach Mike Yeo said. "I don't think people understand how good of a player Jared Spurgeon is, but this guy is our Shea Weber, our Nick Lidstrom, and we lose him to a guy that's playing on their fourth line. [His] purpose for being in the lineup is to go and try to intimidate or try to play that kind of game."

"Look at the minutes he plays," Yeo said of the team leader in ice time. "Playing against every team's top line, he's our first over the boards every power play, he's our top offensive producer on the back end and the way he goes out and defends in every situation, it's tough to replace a guy like that."
Link

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote