View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Homegrown Kings
that other 70s line

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calacatz View Post
Fransen, Kulemin & 2013 1st should be a more then fair package...

I am curious what Gillis ask was on draft day which Burke's been alluding to as "im not gonna trade 15 1st rounders for a golaie"
If Gillis gets offered that he should take it. They're both RFA but Vancouver has plenty of cap space to make it work if Luo is leaving town.

Franson might still have complaints about not getting a large enough role because Vancouver would have plenty of D. Hamhuis, Garrison, Ballard, Bieksa, Edler, Tanev, Alberts & Franson? Gives them 8 quality guys with some decent call up options.

Kulemin would be a reclamation project of sorts after struggling last season but I could see him having success in their system. Raymond just resigned for a year, so maybe he doesn't get traded, but I think it would make sense to ship him out to make room. Jensen probably wont make the squad, but Kassian likely competes for a larger role. Too many wingers battling for those 2/3 line roles IMO. Maybe they could even send him the other way along with Luongo.

They're getting two solid roster players back in the trade and also a 1st, which I think is crucial to replenishing their prospect pool which is relatively shallow right now.

My read of the trade is a good deal for Vancouver. Question is, does Toronto pull the trigger on the deal? They certainly could afford to ship out a D, and Kulemin is an important but not critical part. They've been burned on shipping out 1st rounders recently. Is getting an elite goaltender in return justification for trading away another?

I think the value is pretty fair but know more about the Canucks than the Leafs so tough to understand their needs.