View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 01:14 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he play LW in the NHL last season? He looked very good at center in the AHL.

So you would rather go into next season with the same problem as last season? Goaltending is the thing that wins or loses you games. Mind you, Reimer might work out he did look good as a rookie but I dont know if I'd be confident with 2 inexperienced guys like that again. A top 6 of Lupul - JVR - Kessel, Kulemin - Kadri - Cmac with Luongo between the pipes is most likely a playoff team.
Are you sure he played center in the AHL? You were wrong about him playing center in college.
Here is an interview from after he was drafted where JVR himself says he hasnt played center since peewee hockey:

HF: You played center at the Flyers Development Camp while you used to play as a winger?
JVR: I haven’t played center for a really long time. That was indeed the first time since I was a peewee. It needed some adjustments to get used to.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_vanriemsdyk/

There are other trades to be made besides trading Grabo. It has to be a deal that works for both sides and trading Grabo doesn't work for us.
There was a general consensus last night about Kule, Kadri and a 2nd.