Thread: Proposal: [STL/CHI] Kruger for Edmundson
View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
letmesleep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I believe his shot has been clocked at 100 mph. He's only 19 so he certainly will get bigger and stronger, that shot will only get harder. I'd like to see what he can develop into eventually. He has Jason Garrison written all over him for me. Lehtera will never play for the Blues. His issue when he was drafted was his skating, and he has shown no motivation to improve that. He also would probably rather play on a top line in the KHL, than struggle in the AHL for much less money at a hope of some day reaching the 3rd line in the NHL. I'd be shocked if he made the jump at any point.
Regarding Lehtera, I agree that he is unlikely to come over but I would say it is still more likely than you make it out to be. After this season, he is no longer bound to take an entry level contract. That would allow him to negotiate his own NHL contract, which may be attractive to him. He could possibly ask for a relatively cheap one year deal deal (maybe a shade over a million) but have that salary guaranteed, even if he was in the AHL. If Tarasenko performs well, Jori might take a chance to get in on that. The Blues may also give it a shot, being as how it would be cheap and they would be getting value from an old draft pick. We are also thin on center and likely still will be next season.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote