View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I dont see what youre missing. The Penguins have nothing else of value to Anaheim. Like NJ/Nash they will do everything to keep Perry before trading him for a pile of futures. If we move Perry, it means we are in a full rebuild mode, which our GM has stated multiple times he will not do. So in my opinion, Murray will try to sign Perry until June 31st before he trades him.
Dear god. Not ONCE did I suggest the Penguins had the pieces to trade for Ryan or Perry. In fact, I posted this at the end of almost each of my posts. The original message, again not written to you, called into question the fact that it was crazy to put the likes of Crosby, Malkin or Letang into the mix as possible payment for Perry this year if he wasn’t signing an extension with the Ducks.

Quote:
All Ive seen Penguins fans offer is prospects, and none of your roster players entice me to move Perry. Its not happening.
Again, I’ve never made a proposal for Ryan. That trade flew when Staal left.

Quote:
Also, Staal got 1 roster player, and Hossa got 2 and Perry would get more than both.
They don’t move in sequential order as you’d like to make it. Never mind that your example was false: Hossa was obtained WITH Dupuis so based on your reasoning, Hossa got 1 roster player – although ask anyone what kind of “roster” player Armstrong and Christiansen turned out to be. And there you have the point of my previous posts – that none of these returns for these star players resembled anything in the realm of the star players on the team trading for them. Sutter, Christiansen, and Armstrong or Malkin, Crosby, and Letang…

Last edited by Rocket of Russia: 07-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote