View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 04:28 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
I wouldn't offer that to them, I am saying that Nashville would demand that and I think Weber is worth it.

Look at it from Nashville's perspective. The only way you deal Weber to the sharks for anything less than Couture is if he comes out publicly and says that no matter what his future is in SJ. He says he would like to start this year in SJ but will sign in SJ the following year no matter what. Even then I don't think they agree to a lesser deal. If he leaves they have to go in to a short term rebuild and could get better young pieces for even a 1 year rental Weber than anything the sharks could offer short of Couture (or maybe Burns). It also sets a terrible precedent for players wanting out of Nashville.

You don't think the Flyers wouldn't send 2 of their amazing young forwards + multiple picks for Weber and then offer him a 120 mil contract? What if they win the cup like that? Does he still agree to sign with SJ if that happens?
Again, I point out, unless they get a new #1 d-man right now, they are in serious trouble. How many teams have #1 d-men to spare of Boyle's caliber? Boyle buys them 2 years+ to either develop or sign a replacement, unless PK Subban or the like is available (AND Weber wants to sign there) that's a pretty good chip in this situation.

I certainly am not trading Boyle + Couture, thats beyond stupid. Would I trade Couture straight up for Weber? Maybe. Is that likely what they will want? I don't think so.