View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 10:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
How about from other countries? Do we have any prospects playing?

Jaroslav Halak- Team Slovakia
Oskari Korpikari- Team Finland
Konstantin Korneev- Team Russia
Tomas Linhart- Team Czech

Halak should be the starter from what I'm told, and that's outstanding cause he can play again next year. He's putting up great numbers in the mens league, in the 10 games he's played.

Korneev will be one of the top defensemen on the team, and should be a key player for them, this is his 3rd trip to the WJC's.

Korpikari I'm not sure what pairing he will be on, but hopefully playing in front of his home country will bring out the best in him.

Linhart I have been told will be on the team, but don't know what role he will play.

Kastsitsyn should be there, but his team stinks. Don't know if he will play in the Group B or just stay in Russia.

Locke should have been invited to the selection camp, but small slow forwards are going to have troubles on the larger ice. He's scored more points than ANY player in the OHL in the last 10 years, but he's still got a ways to go. There aren't many better playmakers in the CHL then Locke, but they want bigger faster players and thats not Locke.

Lambert should have been invited to the selection camp, imo. He was the 5th scorer for Team Canada's U-18 team 2 years ago, and was recently 2nd in the Q in scoring. Has size, skating, speed, and a nice shot, but Steve Bernier, M-A Pouilout (i always spell it wrong), Lambert, Urquhart, Genrette (sp?), Roussin all are skilled but it's common for guys from the Q to be left out.

Urquhart- see Lambert