Thread: Proposal: Phi - phx
View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 07:31 PM
helgo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Tell me, what has OEL done to prove that he is a 1?
Dunno, but maybe being one of the most important players to the team who made into WCF, at the age of 20, kinda makes you one.
And as a fan of both teams and someone, who absolutely loves Couturier, yeah i'm pretty sure that in trade Couturier for OEL, Flyers would be adding. But it doesn't really matter. There is simply no way, that these two guys would be traded in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
I'd do Couturier for OEL straight up in a minute. One of Schenn/Couturier is expendable. And we have Luke so B Schenn isnt going. Man I would kill for a young dman like OEL.
One of these guys was our best shutdown center and played significant PK minutes while still oozing plenty of offensive potential, the other hits pretty well and has his big brother in organization. No, honestly, i don't care if his brother or mother plays for Flyers, if i should choose between Schenn or Couturier, Brayden would be always the odd man out. Sure, i think he will be great player in the future, but for me, Sean offers much more for this team than him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Counter:

To Philadelphia
- Brayden Schenn
- Luke Schenn

To Phoenix
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson
- Martin Hanzal
- 1st Round Draft Pick
As strange as it might sounds for guy who didn't even reach 40 points in his career, Hanzal is probably the most important forward for Coyotes. He is someone, who is able to shut down guys like Thornton, Kopitar or Getzlaf on nightly basis and Phoenix is always having extremely hard time when he is out injured. Add one of most talented young defenders in the game and 1st round pick and package of Schenn brothers gets you maybe their autographs, but certainly not players themselves. And honestly, Flyers don't exactly need player like Hanzal, when they have guy, who can be as good defensively while being much better 2-way player in Couturier.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote